Friday 21 October 2016

A bit of my Travel experience in Thailand….

I travelled to Thailand few months back and the whole experience was amazing. I stayed in Pattaya for 2 nights and 3 nights in Bangkok.  I have been hearing a lot about Thailand through media, friends, movies and many other sources. But, I was always looking for a chance to find myself travelling to that much talked about place.
I took a late evening spicejet flight from Chennai to Bangkok. To be frank, the best flight connectivity and the best airfare are guaranteed if you are flyng from Chennai. If I am not wrong, I reached early morning 2 in Bangkok.  And as you all know, Indian passport holders can take Thailand VISA upon arrival. Even I took my VISA on arrival.

I had already prepared myself for an exploring travel itinerary. After having a cup of coffee by 4 am in the morning, I decided to take a nap in a corner of the airport. Luckily, I got 3 seats empty and I laid myself lazily on the 3 seats. The reason that I decided to take a nap was, the bus from Bangkok airport to Pattaya starts only by 7 in the morning (may be 6, I am not remembering exactly).
After 2-3 hours I got into the seat in coach bus that was ready to travel for the next 2 and half hours to Pattaya. Now, I got another chance to take nap. But, I was quiet excited about my trip and had to open my eyes frequently to look out through window and see around the newly visiting country.
I had to get down and take another vehicle of 15 seats to reach my hotel. The good part is that, the connecting transportation is also included in the ticket when you purchase it at the Bangkok airport.

Finally, I reached my hotel called Pattaya discovery beach hotel. I am sharing the link of the hotel website as well http://www.pattayadiscoverybeach.com/

The hotel is located on the Pattaya beach road with a sea view in the old building and with a partial sea view in new chic building. My room was located in the new chic building with a partial sew view. Let me tell you one thing, the room was excellent, spacious, a good view of the beach road and with a descent partial sea view. Above all, the hotel was kind enough to allocate me a high floor room.

View from my Pattaya Hotel Room….



As soon as I reach hotel, the check-in was not possible because, the standard check-in time was 2 pm. But, the front office staff assured me that I can check-in by 12 pm. So I decided to have my breakfast  at the hotel restaurant itself which was located right in front of the pool and also facing the beach road. I had some new sea food dishes which were not so bad.  Unfortunately, I am not remembering what I had.
Anyway, as the time passed by, I started liking Thailand a lot. Generally, people have some negative thoughts and false assumptions about pattaya. I feel, it’s up to people how they want to  look at things and what they want of it. But, I realized one thing, never travel to a place with pre assumptions. Thailand really proved me that assumptions are always wrong.

Evening I decided to walk through the beach road. I really enjoyed the cold breeze, the soothing sound of the sea waves and the presence of numerous illuminated sea food restaurants on the either sides of the road.
The beach road also has 5 star hotels of high end services. People, who are ready to shell out some more money and get exclusive services, may opt for those hotels.

I really don’t know how many photographs I took. But, I never stopped doing so. After an hour of walking I decided to enter one of the roadside sea food restaurants. The young hostess quickly showed all the fresh sea foods available there.  My eyes were stuck at the big live fishes inside a huge glass tank.
I pointed at the biggest fish and asked for a grill of it. The young hostess quickly grabbed a net and dipped it into the tank and after a minute of struggle she took the biggest fish in the net and gave to the old person who was waiting to grill it.

A while after I enjoyed the yummy grilled fish with a bottle of beer.

Yummy Sea Food…
 

The next day i took a tuk tuk and went to a shopping place. Not much shopping possible in pattaya as it is completely a relaxing destination. People come here just to eat and relax.
The same day I did coral island tour. The day passed by with many other sea foods into my stomach.


Walking Street….

                                                                   


The next day after check-out, I took a private car to go to Bangkok. This time I didn’t want to lose the views of the Thailand during my 2 hrs drive.
In the afternoon, I checked into Eastin Hotel Makkasan, http://www.eastinhotelsresidences.com/eastinmakkasanbangkok/
The hotel is almost 20-25 years old. But, centrally located with a spectacular roof top restaurant.

Night Market
 
 
 


I would say, Bangkok is an ultimate shopping destination. I was shopping like a mad person for the next 3 days. I have never done shopping like this in my entire life. The city is so lively with many night shopping markets, restaurants and street foods. Above all, shopping is really affordable in Thailand.





Sushi & Cocktail…

                            
 

You can also do the Bangkok city tour at your own pace rather booking the city tour on SIC through an agent.
I cannot write so much and make you feel bored about Thailand.
Thailand is a must see place. You must find some time out of your busy work life and travel to this beautiful country.
The neat and clean Bangkok Street…



The center Point Square Mall….


One of the most expensive locations of Bangkok….

 


5 comments:

  1. nice work guru... keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good one vineeth!! you can write more about the Bangkok places to visit and your experiences!! Great work buddy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good one Vineet, nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one Vineet, nice pictures.

    ReplyDelete